Re: Adding Ziagen

Regarding Dr. Young's Dec 5, 2001 response to the question entitled ADDING ZIAGEN...

It's important to note that the Abacavir HSR would present a FULL BODY RASH...

It is also important to closely monitor any symptoms while starting abacavir and to not prematurely stop the dosing of abacavir because of resistance issues upon re-challenge. With my doctor's close monitoring, I succuessfully "treated through" my full-body abacavir rash which turned out NOT to be abacavir HSR.

Whether or not you publish the above text, the important thing regarding the original question is that the most serious evidence to watch for in abacavir HSR is the FULL BODY RASH.

Thanks for your comments.

In general, abacavir rashes do involve the entire body, but variations on this can be seen.

Your case illustrates the idea that many reactions that might, at first glance be thought to be HSR are not, and can be sucessfully treated through. /BY

Blue Green Algae is it safe.
Dr. Young