Women vs Men

Do women have better adherence to Antireoviral Therapy than men, and if so why?

I am unaware of any studies which address your question specifically. In general, I don't think that gender, per se, is a major determinate of adherence; but issues related to patient education, active psychiatric disease, substance abuse do matter.

We certainly need to do everything that we can to maximize adherence in all of our patients. Patient understanding of the need for adherence and tools to improve adherence are essential and need to be addressed in ways that are both culturally- and gender-sensitive.

Possible Dramatric Change
Rising VL