Pimple-like Bumps on Labia???

I have a pipmle-like bump on my labia and I am not sure what it is. I recently went to the doctor and I am awaiting test results for a possible herpetic virus (which I would just die if it comes back positive!!!)

This is the third "bump" I've had since last year. It's characteristics and symptoms are much like a pimple. There is only one bump at a time and it starts small and gets a little larger - about the size of a small pea. It lasts about 3 - 4 days max and by the end I can squeeze out a small amount of pus. It feels sensitive and irritating just as a pimple does on your face. There is no oder or itchiness or blistering.

The first time I ever encountered this was with my partner. She had one in the exact same spot. She claims to have never had one before and that she was unaware it was even there till I pointed it out to her. She has not had one since but I have had 3 total.

I don't know what this is and I am very concerned for both of us.

Please Help!!!

Response from Dr. Pavia

This is where diagnosis without being able to see something really has its limitations. With that in mind, I will offer a few thoughts. It does not sound like Herpes, which usually comes in clusters of bumps which become filled with clear fluid, then open to become small sores which may scab over. They itch or burn.

What you describe sounds like a pimple. To be more precise, it would be folliculitis, or infection of a hair follicle. If it is your labia majora (outer lips), these are common and usually caused by staph, a common bacteria. They are generally not contagious, and treatment is usually just a hot compress, followed by squeezing it when it comes to a head. It sounds like you are doing the right thing. However, you need to continue to discuss this with your provider.

ATP

RE:ALVAC FOLLOW UP
How many strands exist and different routes of transmission?