Is HAART killing my virus or killing ME

Is HAART killing my virus or killing ME ?Is Haart killing my HIV or is it simply killing the rest of me ?

Is it really best to continue on meds that have yet to be proven in the long run and endure the Sustiva Hallicunations, the Zerit oops thought I had feet, guess not. The ziagen "is that rash because I changed detergent or What ? Or might the alternative teas and suppliments actually delay the progression about the same as the entire black Bag of drugs but with no side effects thus at least giving an individual the ' Feeling" that life is like it was 'Before" and is T-cells and viral load all that should concern the doctors and medical community. Dr. says ' how you feelin today" ( he has heard it so many times before until you say " feel like killing someone!" then perhaps he/she takes note, well numbers look good I see no reason to change anything ( until pharma rep introduces me to the newest breaking drug) never mind that I asked about IL-2 4 years ago and got a not familiar with it reaction here take these and prepare to enter a whole new dimension of anoyances and minor to major pains and side effects BUT IT CAN EXTEND YOUR LIFE MAYBE PERHAPS WE WILL SEE AND CAN ONLY HOPE SEE YOU IN THREE MONTHS> Allan ( Perhaps if you post this ( misspellings and all) some people may say " Hell ya thats exactally how it is, or not. )

Thanks for the rant Allan.

Response from Dr. Aberg

Allan, It is good to vent. You bring up a lot that we all share in common: the frustrations of treatment. In medicine, we always have to balance the risks and the benefits. We do know that people are living longer, many better, on current therapies. The question you ask is , at what price? This is a very individual decision. Some people experience little to no side effects and do fine. Others like yourself, develop side effects with every medication. There are no right answers. Each person has to look at their own life, weigh their options and choose what is right for them. As far as alternative therapy. I personally believe that if an alternative therapy "works" for you, then do it. I do not have any magic answers. We do the best we can for every individual and hope that we have made the right choices.

JA

RE: oral sex (oct22)
15 and scared