Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is HAART killing my virus or killing ME
Nov 22, 2001

Is HAART killing my virus or killing ME ?Is Haart killing my HIV or is it simply killing the rest of me ?

Is it really best to continue on meds that have yet to be proven in the long run and endure the Sustiva Hallicunations, the Zerit oops thought I had feet, guess not. The ziagen "is that rash because I changed detergent or What ? Or might the alternative teas and suppliments actually delay the progression about the same as the entire black Bag of drugs but with no side effects thus at least giving an individual the ' Feeling" that life is like it was 'Before" and is T-cells and viral load all that should concern the doctors and medical community. Dr. says ' how you feelin today" ( he has heard it so many times before until you say " feel like killing someone!" then perhaps he/she takes note, well numbers look good I see no reason to change anything ( until pharma rep introduces me to the newest breaking drug) never mind that I asked about IL-2 4 years ago and got a not familiar with it reaction here take these and prepare to enter a whole new dimension of anoyances and minor to major pains and side effects BUT IT CAN EXTEND YOUR LIFE MAYBE PERHAPS WE WILL SEE AND CAN ONLY HOPE SEE YOU IN THREE MONTHS> Allan ( Perhaps if you post this ( misspellings and all) some people may say " Hell ya thats exactally how it is, or not. )

Thanks for the rant Allan.

Response from Dr. Aberg

Allan, It is good to vent. You bring up a lot that we all share in common: the frustrations of treatment. In medicine, we always have to balance the risks and the benefits. We do know that people are living longer, many better, on current therapies. The question you ask is , at what price? This is a very individual decision. Some people experience little to no side effects and do fine. Others like yourself, develop side effects with every medication. There are no right answers. Each person has to look at their own life, weigh their options and choose what is right for them. As far as alternative therapy. I personally believe that if an alternative therapy "works" for you, then do it. I do not have any magic answers. We do the best we can for every individual and hope that we have made the right choices.

JA

Previous
RE: oral sex (oct22)
Next
15 and scared

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.