LONGEST.....

I DON'T KNOW WHAT SITE TO ASK THIS QUESTION. HOW LONG CAN A PERSON WITH HIV LIVES WITH A MEDICAL TREATMENT, AND A PERSON COULD LIVE WITHOUT A MED. TREATMENT. WILL THERE BE A CURE FOR HIV/AIDS IN THE NEXT DECADE?

On average, the average person with HIV infection lives about 8-10 years- this number can vary dramatically from person to person, due to host immune factors, baseline viral load, the presence of coinfections (such as TB or hepatitis C). The time that one can go without treatment is also variable; the key issue is your viral load and CD4 cell count. The higher the viral load, the more appropriate earlier treatment is; remember the goal here is the prevention of disease (AIDS), rather that the treatment of AIDS. Treatments are clearly getting easier to take with fewer pills, fewer side effects.

As for your last question, I personally doubt if there will be a cure for HIV infection within the next decade, but we may reach the point were immune based therapies, in conjuction with conventional antiretroviral therapies may prolong the period where one needs not to remain on treatment.

Hope this is helpful. BY

Many thanks
pls. answer me this time.....