combination of amprenavir and ABT-378/r

Hi, my name is Edgardo. I am a doctor who works with HIV patients. I would like to know if you have any information about the dosage of amprenavir plus ABT378/r in combination. My little information says that the dosage of amprenavir must be reduced to 750 mg bid ¿is that correct?

I am waiting for your answer. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Pavia

Dear Doctor Bottaro,

Your question is a timely one. If you add ritonavir 100 mg bid to amprenavir, data from the world aids conference and other studies suggests that an amprenavir dose of 600 or perhaps 750 mg bid gives the best combination of increased cmin without too much increase in peak levels.

I am told that Abbott has just completed a preliminary study of amprenavir with ABT-378/r (to be marketed as Kaletra. I don't believe it will be presented until later in September. The amprenavir levels were not significantly boosted, suggesting a dose closer to the normal dose should be used. However, I think you should contact Abbott directly and request the information from them.

Regards

ATP

Andrew T. Pavia

norvir and hyperlipidemia
HELP