Oct 23, 2001
AIDS Deaths peaked in 1993 and have been steadily declining since. Why?
| Response from Dr. Young
The decline in AIDS-related death is unequivocally the result of improved medical information about the treatment and prevention of HIV complications, but most importantly because of the advent of potent combination antiretroviral therapy. I would refer you to Palella's 1998 seminal article in the New England Journal of Medicine as an initial reference on the subject.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Condom Popped Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Receiving Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.