|question about HIV vaccine
Sep 7, 2000
Hi doctor, I heard that in UK, a trial is going on using HIV vaccine, is this vaccine for protection against HIV, or it also can be used as a treatment to increase the T cell killer cells? thank u
| Response from Dr. Squires
Unfortunately, I am not sure which trial you are referring to. There are a number of preventive (protection against contracting HIV) and therapeutic (boost the infected person's immune response) being conducted in North America, Europe as well as several countries in the "developing" world.
Hope that this has been helpful.
Kathleen E. Squires, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.