Oct 18, 2001
Would having an IgA deficiency, or IgA with IgG2 subclass deficiency result in false negative hiv testing. I was tested 98, 2000, 2001, in 2000 I was hospitalized with reccurrent strep, tested then, then tested 2001 because of reccurrent colds. Thank you, please respond.
Response from Dr. Young
IgA deficiency nor IgG subclass deficiency should not result in false negative HIV testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Do Condoms Cause Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.