Re:Late Treatment

Hi. In regards to this question, I think I can answer this from my own experience.

I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS 5 years ago. My T-cells ranged from 0-3, not sure what my VL was, but I would say VERY high. My liver was inlarged, spleen and heart. Also diagnosed with severe MAI infection.First time admitted to the hospital, I needed 3 blood transfusions.(now mind you, I was being treated by my primary care phys.during this time. I was never tested, even with him knowing my backgound. His ignorance and my fear, big mistake)

I am very happy to say, that my VL has been undetectable now for 4.5 years(under 50) and my T-cells now are 480!

There is hope for everyone out there with this God awful virus. Just stay strong and NEVER give up hope.It was rough for me, but I made it, and damn proud of it!And make sure you see a Dr.who has the knowledge about HIV, not just any Joe Blow Dr.

Best regards to all! Bob

Thanks for your comments. I believe, like you do, that persons with HIV infection definately fare better, live longer and better when they are cared for by experienced medical care providers. Best luck. BY

is it time for meds?
Milk Thistle