What criteria to Dr. Ho's Research Groups?

Dr Young: What does a HIV postive individual need in terms of time of infection to be admitted into a study group like Dr. Ho's or any of the other groups? I live in Pittsburgh and may test postive soon. I may have been infected in late june 2001.

I like the site and amire your intellect.

Thank you for your questions and comments.

Participation in clinical studies for HIV are a very important way to contribute to our community. I applaud you for your interest in participation.

There are a number of ways to get involved in clinical studies. I would contact your local HIV advocacy group or university (for example, the University of Pittsburgh, or through the AIDS Clinical Trials Group). Doctor Ho's group is located at the Aaron Diamond Research Center in New York. It should be relatively easy to locate any of these research sites at their websites. If you indeed have acute HIV infection (with seroconversion), I would encourage you to participate in studies for persons experiencing this condition. This is a very transient period where combination therapy might be especially potent.

I hope that you find this helpful. Good luck. BY

Testing
Test Results