PML

My friend has just been diagnosed with PML. I am hoping you could guide me to the hospital in the US or other place where the knowledge on treating this is the best. We live in San Francisco, and I would highly appreciate if you could help me.

Response from Dr. Gallant

Since the University of California, San Francisco (and San Francisco General Hospital) is involved in a lot of HIV-related clinical trials, you might ask there first. Unfortunately, the PML trials that have taken place so far have been very discouraging. Treatments that seemed promising, such as interferon-alpha and ARA-C, haven't done so well when they've been studied. About the only thing that seems to help for people with PML is to try and boost the immune system using aggressive antiretoviral therapy. JG

regression of PML
neuropothy and zerit