bacterial vaginosis help!

I have had vacterial vaginosis, for 2 months and treatment like metrogel does not seem to be working my doctor has tried every type of vaginal and oral treatment and they don't work, what else can I do? since I only 21 years old and plan on having children sometime in the future.

Response from Dr. Pavia

It sounds like you are having a difficult problem. Usually, there is a range of things that can be used for bacterial vaginosis (BV if you want to sound like you are in the know), starting with local treatments like metrogel of cleocin, and progressing to oral flagyl. It is unusual, but not unheard of for these not to work. Often, the problem may be something different - a different type of infection (chlamydia or trichomonas for instance) or even a different type of vaginitis. Believe it or not, even latex sensitivity (in condoms or diaphragms) can cause confusion. If your doctor is at the end of his or her rope, I would ask to see a gynecologist with an interest and expertise in vaginitis.

You are not likely to have permanent damage or become infertile from vaginitis, however. The problem should be fixable, with the right testing and treatment.

ATP

Should I consult a pulmonary specialist
Anemia