VIDEX

Docs, am supposed to start taking videx in capsule form, i was taking the tablet one which was really a burden i believe, having all those large tabs five of them, at once wasnt easy. i take it with viracept and zerit, now my doc recommends that i take the videx BEFORE meal, that is maybe an hr before meal, so i decided to be taking it before dinner since in the morning i cannot manage to wake up 1 hr before breakfast, and lunch am always out. but i have seen also that before dinner sometimes is not convenient for me, can i change and be taking this videx after dinner and that is abefore i go to bed? ofcourse that can be an hour or so after my dinner, is it okey? and what are the dangers of taking videx at closer times with the other drugs i have mentioned? thanks in advance.

Response from Dr. Pavia

Videx EC, the capsule form, has been a great improvement for many people. It is ideal to take it on an empty stomach, which could be an hour before dinner or at bedtime. However, the effect of taking it with food is to reduce the amount absorbed by 18%. This is a degree of change that is less than we usually worry about. Therefore, I often tell patients that the key thing is to remember every dose. If this means that taking the videx at dinner with your other meds will mean you don't forget, it is a reasonable trade off. Good luck

ATP

Exspectations
Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura