Ozone Therapy

Hi, I have read numerous studies on Ozone Oxygen Therapy and my questions is why has there been a restriction in the united states on using Ozone and why is the rest of the world using it to treat a number of diseases including hiv/aids?

From what I read I'm also aware the side effects are minimal and therapy works efficiently.

Is it possible to combine anti-viral therapy with ozone? Why is it that all of these articles are in 1993 and 1994 and I have not seen any news regarding it?

Thanks.

Response from Dr. Cohen

Well, one main reason you haven't seen much since 93/94, and why it is not used much anymore in the US - is because we have no reasons to believe it is useful in the treatment of HIV infection.

Of course, I don't know what you have read - often the Web can take you to all sorts of places. But keep in mind that there is much on here of uncertain value - or accuracy. And while it is alleged that ozone is widely used elsewhere for all sorts of things - I am not aware of any credible clinician or researcher in these other places that are currently using it currently to treat HIV infection.

Sometimes early meds with promise don't add up. And one sign of that is the lack of follow up info. There is much at stake in treatment - and while the system is imperfect, most highly promising leads have at least some follow up over time. And we have frequent meetings where any researcher with any credible data about a treatment can send in their findings. And we just haven't seen much or even anything about ozone in a long while. And what was there years ago just wasn't too promising...

So perhaps that's why there's not much going on with it in the US?

time frame for new meds?
High Dose Kaletra