CANDIDA and symptoms

I would like to know how soon do you start having symptoms such as yeast infections and bladder infections. I had an encounter with a guy twice, became preganant, infected with the "claps" and an abortion. I was treated for the std immediatly and had an abortion two weeks later. About two months later I come down with an yeast infection and can not seem to get rid of it with over the counter meds. Do you think this is a possibility of HIV? I don't have any other symptoms on the list except for bladder infections and I stay sleepy M-F. The weekends I can go all day. Can you give me some insite of what may be my ignorance until I'm tested in 2 weeks????

THanks!

As you are no doubt aware, vaginal yeast infections are pretty common in the general population and are not necessarily the hallmark of HIV. Nevertheless, recurrent or severe yeast infections, either vaginal or oral, can be a symptom of immunosuppression, such as is seen with HIV.

I am not sure why you are sleepy during weekdays, though the fact that you are not sleepy on weekends suggests to me that the cause is related to your daily activities more than a medical illness.

Hope this helps, good luck, BY

AIDS mortality decrease
Dr. Young, me again...