|AIDS mortality decrease
Jun 25, 2001
Do you have any figures on AIDS mortality rates since the onset of HAART? Ive seen figures for 1995 -1997, but what about 1999-2000?
| Response from Dr. Young
There has been well publicized figures on the decrease in mortality in the US among persons with HIV infection and AIDS from the CDC's HOPS (HIV outpatient study) cohort. The most recent presenation of this data was at this years Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, by Palella.
Their analysis shows that the death rate continues to fall among US patients with CD4 counts below 100.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.