AIDS mortality decrease
Jun 25, 2001
Do you have any figures on AIDS mortality rates since the onset of HAART? Ive seen figures for 1995 -1997, but what about 1999-2000?
Response from Dr. Young
There has been well publicized figures on the decrease in mortality in the US among persons with HIV infection and AIDS from the CDC's HOPS (HIV outpatient study) cohort. The most recent presenation of this data was at this years Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, by Palella.
Their analysis shows that the death rate continues to fall among US patients with CD4 counts below 100.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.