Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

What should I do?

Dear Dr. Young, I live in Asia. My doctor refused to give me a HIV test based on my possible risk encounter. I would like to have a second opinion from you. Four weeks after my possible risk exposure, I had experienced one day of low-grade fever and diarrhea. I have no any other symtoms. I did not have any forms of sexual intercourses with the girl whose HIV status is unknown to me. However, I sucked and licked her nipple for about one minute. Also, I received protected hand-job from her. My concern is that I cannot be sure there was absolutely no any kinds of fluid, discharge or blood coming out from her nipple while I was sucking and licking. However, I didn't taste anything. As you can imagine, I couldn't get any professional advice being in this part of the world. In your opinion, should I get tested? What are the chances that I may be infected through my mouth? Please answer....I need your opinion!

Thank you very much!

The likelihood of infection from the kind of exposure that you describe is, for all intents, none.

Turns out that your saliva contains compounds that inhibit the replication of HIV, so even if (and I am not saying that your were) you were exposed from some breast fluid, provided that there was not an active sore or source of bleeding in your mouth, you most likely would not become infected.

hope that this helps, BY

About condoms
what does HIV DNA prove?