fennel for flatulence

I have horrible problems with the gas and bloating side effects of ritonavir. Years ago a friend who was interested in herbal teas suggested I drink fennel-seed tea after we shared a meal which caused a gastro-intestinal nightmare. It seemed to work. I've found it helps now in easing the effects of ritonavir. I steep about a tablespoon of fennel-seed (available in grocery store spice sections or in bulk at most health food stores for much less $) in a mug of boiled water for 5-10 minutes and drink after each meal. It works for me and I have friends again! I also have found fresh fennel (the bulby vegetable/plant) works, too, when eaten raw or slightly cooked.

Response from Dr. Cohen

Thanks. I'm sure that many of my more flatulent readers will give this a try, and perhaps they'll and/or their loved ones will be grateful.

Nelfinavir -v- Nelfinavir/Saquinavir Combo
MY FAMILY HAS HAD IT WITH MY GAS