Importance of Taking Food with ViraCept

Dr. Gallant, Thanks to the gang at The Body for Word Wrap! That was a great suggestion. I started on Viracept/D4T/3TC approximatley two months ago. My problem is I don't generally eat anything when I take the ViraCept. My pharmacist explained the whole molecule-bonding and better absorption, which makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, her advisement is not enough to get me out of bed for my morning dose and make myself something to eat. I have the same problem later at night. Oh hell, let's be honest, I practically never eat at the same time I'm taking my meds!! Also, is it okay to take my first cocktail of the day (ViraCept/D4T/3TC) all at the same time? ....and does the D4T/3TC count as breakfast? (just kidding!) Thanks again for this great forum.

Response from Dr. Gallant

Well what can I tell you that you don't already know? The package insert says you should eat. Your doctor tells you to eat. Your pharmacist tells you to eat. If I tell you to eat, will it do any good? What am I, your grandmother? All right, I'll say it anyway. . . Eat!

If you really can't do it, then maybe you're more of a Crixivan person. That's one that you're supposed to take on an empty stomach.

SO IM BLOATED...NOW WHAT?
3TC, D4T CRIXIVAN, ARE YOU BLOATED?