Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Importance of Taking Food with ViraCept
Jul 16, 1997

Dr. Gallant, Thanks to the gang at The Body for Word Wrap! That was a great suggestion. I started on Viracept/D4T/3TC approximatley two months ago. My problem is I don't generally eat anything when I take the ViraCept. My pharmacist explained the whole molecule-bonding and better absorption, which makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, her advisement is not enough to get me out of bed for my morning dose and make myself something to eat. I have the same problem later at night. Oh hell, let's be honest, I practically never eat at the same time I'm taking my meds!! Also, is it okay to take my first cocktail of the day (ViraCept/D4T/3TC) all at the same time? ....and does the D4T/3TC count as breakfast? (just kidding!) Thanks again for this great forum.

Response from Dr. Gallant

Well what can I tell you that you don't already know? The package insert says you should eat. Your doctor tells you to eat. Your pharmacist tells you to eat. If I tell you to eat, will it do any good? What am I, your grandmother? All right, I'll say it anyway. . . Eat!

If you really can't do it, then maybe you're more of a Crixivan person. That's one that you're supposed to take on an empty stomach.

Previous
SO IM BLOATED...NOW WHAT?
Next
3TC, D4T CRIXIVAN, ARE YOU BLOATED?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.