Twice-a-day dosing of Viracept

I heard recently that twice-a-day dosing of Viracept is being done in Europe and that trials are underway here in the United States to test efficiacy of twice-a-day dosing of Viracept. What do you know about this? It would certainly beat the three-times per day. Thanks, Doc.

Response from Dr. Cohen

The Europeans were ahead of us on twice-daily dosing of AZT and once-daily dosing of ddI, and they may be right about Viracept, too. After all, it sticks around in the blood almost as long as ritonavir does, and that's a twice-daily drug. But if it were me, I'd wait for the study results before jumping on the twice-a-day bandwagon.

What's a "snack" with Viracept?
nelfinavir resistance after saquinavir