How risky is running a couple of fingers through toilet water?
Oct 1, 1996
How much of a risk of infection there is from running ones fingers through toilet water?Can HIV virus be present in a pretty clean toilet's water considering it is regularly used in an office?
Response from Dr. Cohen
There is no risk from running your fingers through toilet water. You can do it to your heart's content. (I'm assuming we're talking about a toilet that's been flushed?)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Are Herpes Located On The Vagina?
- What To Look For When You Have An Hpv Breakout?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- Can You Transmit Hpv When You Have No Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.