Associated Costs of Treatment for HIV/AIDS

I'm not sure if you can help me. If not, perhaps you can direct me on where to get the info. I need. I'm looking for a ballpark figure for average cost of treatment once one begins to develop full blown AIDS to final resolution? I don't need exact costs, just round figures. Your response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks KM

Response from Dr. Cohen

For a discussion on the cost and cost-effectiveness of HIV care, see "Update on the Cost of HIV/AIDS Care and the Cost-Effectiveness of New HIV Therapy," in the May 1997 issue of "The Hopkins HIV Report," now available on the Johns Hopkins AIDS Service website (

Low Platelets and AIDS . . .