|Combining Lipitor and d4t/3tc?
Mar 16, 2000
I take the following throughout the day:
My question is, can I combine my Lipitor with the 11:30A d4t/3tc dose?
Thanks for your thoughts.
S in Los Angeles
| Response from Dr. Cohen
Many cholesterol lowering statins are supposed to be taken in the evening. The logic for this is that the enzyme they inhibit, HMGCoA, does most of its work at night synthesizing cholesterol. The manufacturer of lipitor does not push this as an issue. You certainly could take the lipitor with the 11:30P meds or with the 11:30A ones as well, if you don't care about the theoretical benefits of taking it at night.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Sore On Mouth?
- Is Cold Feet A Symptom Of HIV?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.