HIV Protocol/Treatment

I have read and seen several outdated protocols for the various stages of HIV. Can you offer an updated version??

Response from Dr. Cohen

I assume you're referring to therapeutic guidelines for the medical management of HIV infection. You're right, all the published guidelines are outdated. There are panels of experts working on new guidelines, but they aren't out yet. I won't attempt to try and write such guidelines single-handedly. There's too much uncertainty and difference of opinion right now on this subject. You might want to look at my article on Antiretroviral Therapy here on the Body, in which I discuss some of the treatment options and the various strategies for therapy. As far as prevention of opportunistic infections is concerned, however, there are guidelines, which I've summarized in another article. With a few exceptions, which I've mentioned in my article, those guidelines are fairly up-to-date and relevant.

Syphilis and AIDS/HIV correlation
Cryptococcal / Cryptococcal Meningitis