Amoxycillin and thrush
Jun 16, 2001
Would a doctor perscribe Amoxycillin to clear thrust. Is Amoxycillin effective at clearing up a mild case of thrush.
Response from Dr. Aberg
Amoxicillin is an antibiotic and does not treat thrush. Thrush needs to be treated with an antifungal medicine such as nystatin, clotrimazole, fluconazole. Sometimes thrush can clear up on its own. This is more likely to happen if someone starts HIV therapy and their immune system improves. Or if someone gets thrush when they take antibiotics and then they stop the antibiotics.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- Can Genital Warts Cause Death?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.