STD + other illnesses ... are these symptoms?
Feb 21, 1997
I have an STD plus am now being treated for mulloscum. I also have had frequent yeast infections and a recent sinus infection. Are these all symptoms and should I be tested again? It has been about a year and a half since my testing, which was negative.
Response from Dr. Cohen
These are not necessarily symptoms of HIV infection, but anyone who has a sexually transmitted disease is at risk for HIV infection, because the presence of the STD means that they had unsafe sex and could have also acquired HIV infection. Therefore, it's always reasonable to get tested when you have an STD.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- Is Dry Patches On My Penis A Sign Of Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.