scared of hiv

Dr. Gallant first I would like to thank you from what I can see from this page you are a wonderful person. To the point about two years ago my wife and I gave blood and her test came back inconclusive for hiv myne was fine she was tested for six months and every time it came back negitive we have been maried for 11 years and spend all our time outside of work together I have been dealing with anxiety ever sence I would like your expert opinion is all my worrying unjust.

Response from Dr. Gallant

If your wife's test was inconclusive or indeterminate two years ago and is still the same, then your wife is NEGATIVE!!! If a test is indeterminate because it has been drawn in the "window period" of seroconversion, then it will turn completely positive within one month. Since it has not, she is just one of those people who for some reason have an indeterminate test for reasons completely unrelated to HIV. Someone should have told her that and stopped testing her long ago. Repeated tests every six months are needless torture. She is negative, and there is no reason for either of you to worry or to continue getting tested.

No Symptoms whatsoever after 4 years
Raped 1.5 years ago,no symptoms,still worry?