Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

Dear doctor,

Please answer this ASAP. I am in desperate because I heard the special cases of AIDS. A Korean doctor said he had seen the African AIDS positive case at 2 years in an AIDS magazine. So, he said the special cases of AIDS will not test positive at 6 months after an exposure. I am just single normal Korean woman. I am afraid if I will not be tested at 6 months because I dont know who are the special cases. It made me be nervous. Question : 1. What is the problem that the special cases of AIDS will not produce the AIDS antibodies at 6 months? Pls let me know the reason. 2. Would I not be in the special cases of AIDS?

I am worrying about if I will be in the special cases of AIDS since I heard it. It is hard to take the yearly testing for the rest of my life if Ill be in the special cases.

My email : ksej@hotmail.com Thanks & regards Christine

Thank you for your question, unfortunately, I am not sure the details of your query, but I will assume that you are asking about people who seroconvert long after exposure to HIV.

The vast majority of cases become antibody positive within 6 months of exposure. If you have had a possible exposure (including heterosexual intercourse) within this period of time, the best advice is to get tested. The test detects both HIV 1 and HIV-2; though there may be some lower sensitivity to detect unusual subtypes of HIV, the test can still suggest these infections too. Good luck, BY

LiPa assay??
Please answer