|Transmission during acute stage
Jun 14, 2001
Somebody told me that Aids can be transmitted with a probability of 45 during acute infection stage (before the antibodies are made). However, I also heard that the probability of infection is less than 1 even having an intercourse with the men who have HIV. It is confusing. Which is correct information? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Young
HIV can be transmitted from someone during acute infection. Since the viral loads are highest during acute infection, the risk of transmission is thought to be higher then than from someone with established, chronic infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.