peripheral neuropathy

Dr., I've asked you this a few times, but I am sure you have been busy...I am curious to know if peripheral neuropathy occurs during the Acute Hiv Illness. I read your response that said it was probable. If it occurs during the acute hiv illness does this mean you are more likely to develop aids more quicklY? And lastly does it go away after the acute hiv illness (when you are having symptoms) or does it continue to gradually get worse.. thank you

Response from Dr. Cohen

The reason that I haven't answered you is because this is a forum for people who have HIV infection and those who care for them or about them. It is not a forum for people who are worried that they have HIV infection. Virtually all of the questions I receive about the acute retroviral syndrome come from the "worried well." While I don't mean to dismiss your concerns, this is not the place to ask such questions. The way to deal with symptoms or to find out whether or not you have HIV infection is to go to a doctor and get tested, not to ask a doctor on the Web to interpret your symptoms for you.

Needle sticks and transmission
Undetectible virus possible?