Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Chance of Infection?
Aug 15, 1997

About one month ago, I shook hands with someone with aids,I did not see any sores on his hands but I had a few old ones on mine..would you assume I was at risk? A few days later I saw him again and saw that his hands had no cuts of any sort but I did find a scab on mine that I wasn't able to figure out where it came from. I just had an hiv test done because of possible pregnancy and it was negative, do you recommend another or am I just being overly paranoid? Thank you, sorew

Response from Dr. Cohen

Not only do I think you're being overly paranoid, but I think that you're being SO overly paranoid that I'm breaking my rule about not dealing with transmission questions and I'm posting your question to provide readers with a little comic relief.

Previous
Paranoid x 2
Next
Needle sticks and transmission

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.