Wasting Syndrome - sunken face
Oct 28, 1997
Why do I and some other people with AIDS have no trouble putting on muscle, but have not an ounce of fat? I have a fabulously well muscled body with not an ounce of fat. Which looks fine but when you look at my face you can see that there is muscle loss and no fat. The face looks sunken in. I have to say that I eat at least 3000 calories a day. Can you tell me what is the reason for this condition and what I can reasonably do to reverse it? I have yet to hear a solution to this problem that works. Is this partially a side-effect of AIDS drugs? Your help would be greatly appreciated in this situation because it causes great anxiety and embarrassment to many of us. Thanks, Michael
Response from Dr. Cohen
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Someone's Blood Touching Your Open Sore?
- If You Sit On A Toilet Seat That Has Blood You Can Get Aids?
- What Are The Dangers Of Herpes Simplex Virus?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Swallowing Cum?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.