sequencing drugs

I tested positive about a year ago, and I haven't started any HIV drugs yet. I was wondering where I could get information on sequencing drugs, that is, which drugs are best to start with in terms of using other drugs in the same class later. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Cohen

A lot of what we know about sequencing at this point is based on theory, not clinical studies. Three trials, Atlantic, Initio and ACTG 384 will be looking at it directly, but results will not be out for at least a year on sequencing outcomes for Atlantic, and much longer for the others.

You can look at the recommendations in the IAS-USA guidelines or the PHS guidelines (www.hivatis.org). One good approach is simply to sit down with your doctor and plot out a strategy where you spell out what you will use first and what you plan to use second, rather than just playing it by ear when the time comes. Of course, with any luck, by the time you need a second regimen, there will be many new choices.

Miracle Cures
Where is the pay off for starting early?