Heating the Blood as a cure?

Dr. Gallant, I recently read of a man with AIDS undergo a process whereby his blood was drawn out, boiled for a short time (thus killing the virus) and injected back in. To be sure, its a dangerous procedure and many have died from it. He claims that after the operation, there was no detectable viral loads and he feels just fine. What do you think of this method?

Response from Dr. Cohen

Antiretroviral therapy can easily give you an undetectable viral load, too, and is probably a lot safer. Furthermore, antiretroviral therapy is probably more likely to affect the amount of virus in other parts of the body (such as the lymph nodes and bone marrow) than the technique you describe, which only affects the blood. Perhaps it deserves further study. . . I'll withhold judgment on that. . . but if it's not offering anything better than current standard therapy, I'd stick with what's safe and well-studied.

New drug HGR
Benefits from DHEA?