vitiamins

I saw that you mentioned kidney stones as a side effect of taking high dose vitiamin C. This can be avoided by taking a natural vitiamin C, and avioding products that are just asorbic acid. Anyone taking vitiamin C should take one that has bioflavonoids and rutin. Do not take an aesorbic acided C. I just looked at intresting study on vitiamin C. The subjects ate a high fat breakfest at Mcdonals. When the meal was taken with something like a 1000mg of vitiamin C their was no slowing of blood through blood vesseles and veind in peoples arm. However when no vitiamin C was taken the blood did not flow nearly as well. I'm obviously not a doctor so I probably am not regeratating the study that well, but it is intresting that vitiamin C had such a powerful influence on peoples systems while taken with a high fat meal. have a good one jeff

Response from Dr. Cohen

You lost me on that one. Ascorbic acid is the chemical name for vitamin C. Vitamin C is vitamin C, whether it's "natural" (from rose hips, citrus fruits, etc.) or manufactured in the lab. A molecule of ascorbic acid is exactly the same no matter whether it's made by man or God. If you're not getting ascorbic acid, you're not getting vitamin C.

While I'm clearly no expert on alternative therapies, I can't see what the difference is between so-called "natural" vitamins and manufactured ones when it comes to side effects.

How effective is massage therapy in tx?
thioctic acid?