Aug 27, 1997
hello doc! i'm on a 3 drug combination that's working well. so well, in fact, i'm starting to believe i'll be around a while. my question is whether there are any methods for reducing (or fixing) the damage done by the drugs to the liver? my liver numbers look fine, but i'm young, and i think some preventative measures should be taken. people often talk of milk thistle (sillmaryn?) and l-glutamine to aid the liver. are they effective? are they dangerous? thanx!
| Response from Dr. Cohen
There have been claims for all sorts of "liver tonics" over the years, but I know of no such claims that have been substantiated scientifically.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.