infection from hair clipper

Hi Doc

I talked to my doctor. But he said the barbers would clean the clippers before reusing. But i am 100 sure that he didn't clean or disinfect the clipper. Even today i went to the same shop and noticed using the same clipper for others. I am really scared now. But my doc said it would not be an exposure for Post-Exposure Prophylaxis . But i think he has cleaned and disinfected blades in his mind. You also answered presuming they are clean. Are both clippers and razors are same or different. which one is safe if they are different. what can i do.. i am really scared. Should i consult another doc. Please help me.

The risk from clippers should be much lower than that for razors. Even with the new information (about disinfectant), I would not think the risk is measureable. Understand that we have had nearly 1 million cases of HIV in the US; to my knowledge, none have been associated with the use of clippers. BY

chances of infection from hair clipper
Where are the new drugs