hep b and liver treatment

Hello, i had hep B from an injection approximatley 25 years ago. I do not drink alcohol or use drugs anymore. But my questions to you is this. Is there anything i can do for my abused liver? Like specific vitamins ? I have minor pains rarely but fatigue is normal at this stage in life for me.I am a 49 year old white male thank you.

Thanks for your question.

Hepatitis B infection usually results in symptomatic initial infection, however, the majority of patients actually are able to clear the infection (about 2/3rds). Playing the odds, I'd say there's a good chance that you have no ongoing issues with HBV.

For the other 1/3- only a minority of patients develop long term complications. Some can be serious, like liver scarring (cirrhosis).

The only way to tell which group you are in is to get medical testing. The best thing to do with a history such as yours is to avoid excessive acetominophen (Tylenol) and alchohol. There really arent any vitamins that I recommend to patients, though some have suggested roles for nutritional supplements (but insufficient clinical data to support benefit or safety).

Hope this helps. BY

Scared
I need some help.. Hopefully you can anwser! thanks