AIDS Vaccine and already infected
May 22, 2001
Hi, i've been reading the news about all these new trials about HIV vaccines. They are very interesting and I am glad that scientists have come this far. One question I have is do these vaccines only work for those who are not infected? I mean will they have any effect on those of us whom are already infected. thanx
Response from Dr. Young
HIV vaccines remain the subject of intense clinical research. The benefit of vaccines as therapeutics for those with established HIV infection remains unclear; though research in this field continues.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.