|Worryng about a short encounter
May 21, 2001
Thanks for the great service. I've been worrying about my foolish mistake in 1998. I am a male and it was an uprotected vaginal sex lasted for about 10 seconds(4-5 strokes). Can I be absolutely infected from this incident? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Young
This kind of exposure would likely have an extremely low risk of infection. Given the time since the exposure, I would be certain that if you tested negative, there would be nothing further to worry about.
I'd get tested just to be sure, and mostly for peace of mind. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is High Blood Pressure A Symptom Of Hiv?
- What Part Of The Neck Do Lymph Nodes Swell With Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv By Eating Infected Blood?
- Does Having Unprotected Sex With Someone With Hiv Always Mean You Will Get It?
- Are There Ways To Treat Swollen Lymph Nodes With Hiv?
- Can A Woman Give Hiv To A Man How Likely Is It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.