Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Surpized Anal Penatration,but no Orgasm, VERY WORRIED.PLEASE ANSWER
Jul 20, 1998

Please help, I had an encounter with a couple and during my giving her oral sex, her B/F attempet anal sex with me. He was able to insert before I realized what had happened. I stopped him and know he did not orgasm. However I am very concerned about this. I do not know if he was infected, and no way to find out.I left went home and took a shower. I think that in washing I scratched myself In my hast to Clean my anal opening. It was sore for about two days and went away. I did not use a Rubber with her like an idiot.

I have been worried sick to the point of throwing up about this. Losing sleep and afraid to get tested. It seems like everything I have read on the internet for symtoms I have gotten. (Its been two weeks) I can make a logical reason for each event. Dirrea because I had not eaten anything but two slices of pizza and then drink a couple of beers.and my stomach has been in knots over this whole event. Soon as I ate a real meal I had no problems. My ears and throat a "little" sore but I sufer from alergies so thats not that unusual. However, the night sweats I am concerned about. Which are slight, However I live in a climate that is Very Warm 112 as I write this and I have an A/C that does not cool the house properly. So my room may be a few degrees warmer. and I have too may clothes on, still have a comforter on the bed. If I get up they seem to go away. I am so confused and So very scraed that I have runied my life. I have not be able to sleep for almost 3 nights for more than a couple of hours at a time as soon as I get a little warm I panic and pray that I have not done this to myself. Am I overreacting to every symptom ? I think I could be getting a cold, It happens in the summer here by going from 110 outside to 75 degree inside. Plus not haveing any sleep is making me drag some. Am I strong risk for getting HIV ? Are the Night sweats, all the time if it is HIV are they heavy sweating or slight ?

Response from Dr. Cohen

Well - what is clear is that you sound as if your panic may overwhelm you... unless you go ahead and do the one thing that is most likely to help - and that is to consider getting an HIV test for persons who are worried about a recent exposure - which includes both an antibody test and a test for HIV itself.

None of your symptoms sound like HIV seroconversion - as the few symptoms you have sound more like a normal response to the issues you raise. Yes, the night sweats associated with HIV are usually more than 'slight', and for you the heat and your lack of a good A/C sounds like it explains your sweats.

And from what you describe your risk of catching HIV from your sexual experience is low - since any single experience has only a tiny risk. Brief anal penetration without orgasm is very unlikely to expose you to HIV - - it only carries a tiny risk from exposure to any "pre-cum" which unfortunately can sometimes have HIV in it - but penetrating a woman without a condom certainly has led to HIV infection in men - but both of these are only a concern if either one in the couple you were with are HIV positive. And it sounds like you cannot know this about them. So - the only way to address your fears is to get a test done. And make sure that the place you go - if you go- knows that you are concerned about a recent event -since the usual antibody test alone may not help until months afterwards.

If you choose to play again - remember that a condom really does protect you against this virus. And your need to worry about either of these two sexual events would be so much lower if a condom were used...

good luck.

CC

Previous
urgent
Next
CD 4 COUNT 418 NEGATIVE ELIZA

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.