Plasma Plus Please

Hey there Doc, on the AEGIS web site there was an article about a Dr. from Madrid Spain who has concocted a formula that rids the body of HIV and builds the immune system. I normally wouldn't pay attention to such "quick fixes", but since this was reported in such a reputable place, I can't help but ask if you could help shine some light on this possible cure. I believe they reported there would be trials held in the Caribbean, which always sounds suspect. We've failed just about everything, so some clarification would be very much appreciated. Have you heard of this "Plasma Plus" remedy?

Response from Dr. Cohen

No, I haven't but I'll check it out...

but just a word of caution - which is that the Aegis web site, as with others, is likely to just be a compilation of what is out there. I don't think they do a critical review of the data before putting it on, and from the little you write, you have good reasons to be skeptical... any time we have a claim for something that already sounds a bit hokey like plasma plus, and then it claims to do something that all of the other meds still can't achieve, like ridding the body of HIV - well... caution is advised.

Of course, a visit to a Caribbean island might be therapeutic in itself... but you might want to wait for the results of this one before volunteering. On the other hand, someone can always go first and you never know...

good luck. CC

Timing of Sustiva
Adding hydroxyurea to a salvage combo?