Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

5 Most Beneficial Yoga postures
Apr 8, 2001

What do you recommend as the best 5 yoga postures for HIV/AIDS folks? I am a yoga teacher starting a new class for Desert Aids Project and would like your experience. Thank you. Kristin

Response from Dr. Cohen

Well... you sure you want to limit this only to the five best?

Based on the medical research done on this issue - I'd say the top three postures include the Adherence salutation, the Posture of the potent combo, and the breath of maximally suppressed virus. Add to this the meditation to free us from toxicity, with a mantra of positive attitude. With those five I'd say we are doing very well.

Other than these, the data are pretty slim, so I'd only be guessing. And your guess is likely as good as mine.

But, if you want some guesses, then perhaps Kundalini yoga for an hour each morning, and a Sun Salutation sounds like a place to start. Or maybe some others... I'm just not sure... so try some and see what works. Since as you know these postures must be individualized for the best outcomes.

Previous
TO CHANGE COMBINATION OR NOT??
Next
Re: Exercising Weight Lifting and HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.