5 Most Beneficial Yoga postures

What do you recommend as the best 5 yoga postures for HIV/AIDS folks? I am a yoga teacher starting a new class for Desert Aids Project and would like your experience. Thank you. Kristin

Response from Dr. Cohen

Well... you sure you want to limit this only to the five best?

Based on the medical research done on this issue - I'd say the top three postures include the Adherence salutation, the Posture of the potent combo, and the breath of maximally suppressed virus. Add to this the meditation to free us from toxicity, with a mantra of positive attitude. With those five I'd say we are doing very well.

Other than these, the data are pretty slim, so I'd only be guessing. And your guess is likely as good as mine.

But, if you want some guesses, then perhaps Kundalini yoga for an hour each morning, and a Sun Salutation sounds like a place to start. Or maybe some others... I'm just not sure... so try some and see what works. Since as you know these postures must be individualized for the best outcomes.

TO CHANGE COMBINATION OR NOT??
Re: Exercising Weight Lifting and HIV