no childhood vaccinations

I have just learned that I am HIV+ and that I have full blown AIDS (CD4 count 113 and Viral Load at 236,000) I have started Zerit, empivar, and Kalestra, as well as sulfate to prevent pneumonia. (Being at work, I may be off on these names) I have no symptoms. It occurred to me today that I have had virtually no childhood immunizations due to my parents religious beliefs. I am 38. I did have an oral Polio vaccine back in the late 70's when there was an outbreak in their church. I have just gotten a Hep A vaccine and I had a case of Hep B back about 6 years ago. Is there any other vaccinations I should have? Is there any danger if my memory is wrong and I have had another vaccination or two during my "rebellious" teen years?? Thanks for your help

Response from Dr. Pavia

There is no real risk to getting vaccinated again, just because you may have been vaccinated as a teenager.

All people with HIV should get the pneumonia vaccine (pneumovax) and an annual flu shot is a good idea. Hep A vaccine, and if you never had the disease, Hep B vaccine are recommended. If you were never vaccinated against measles, it is a good idea, but you should probably wait until your T cell count goes up to well above 200, since it is a live vaccine. The risk of complications is low, but would be a lot lower once your immune system improves (say in about a year), especially if there are no outbreaks in your area. If you never had a tetanus vaccine, at least one dose of it (Td) is a good idea, since any puncture wound with dirt in it can potentially cause tetanus.

Thanks for the question.

ATP

Crixivan versus Kaletra - AP
lymph nodes big behind ear