Oral Thrush but DNA Neg at 3 weeks

I recently came in contact with an HIV+ person 8 weeks ago but infection may have occured 4 weeks ago. I had all the symptoms of mono including floaters and swollen eyelids but also had oral burning on tongue and raised areas on sides of tongue. I had the PCR DNA and EIA test at 3 weeks and both came back negative. Considering the oral thrush, should I retake? And what are the odds of a false negative PCR DNA at 3 weeks? Oh and is EBV alone capable of causing Thrush given the amout of stress I have thinking I might be HIV+?

Thanks for your question.

Indeed, EBV infection or other serious illnesses can cause cases of thrush (particularly among women). If you had a high risk HIV exposure, though, given the other symptoms that you have, it would certainly be worth follow up testing in addition to EBV testing. BY

AZT and cross-resistance with d4t
Food Restrictions