|what is HAART?
Feb 26, 2002
hello my name is tj and id like to know what HAART is. could you explain to me what it is and what it does in lamens terms. thanks
| Response from Dr. Young
HAART stands for Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. It really refers to potent, 3- or 4-drug therapies for HIV. HAART can be comprised of different drugs or classes of drugs-- triple nucleosides; combinations of two nucleosides with a non-nucleoside or with one or two protease inhibitors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Eating Something With Infected Blood On It?
- Hepatitis C Feet Pain Swelling
- Yeast Infection Looks Like Herpes
- Women To Men Transfer Of Herpes
- Which Is Worse Simplex Herpes 1 Or Simplex Herpes 2?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.