what is HAART?
Feb 26, 2002
hello my name is tj and id like to know what HAART is. could you explain to me what it is and what it does in lamens terms. thanks
Response from Dr. Young
HAART stands for Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. It really refers to potent, 3- or 4-drug therapies for HIV. HAART can be comprised of different drugs or classes of drugs-- triple nucleosides; combinations of two nucleosides with a non-nucleoside or with one or two protease inhibitors.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- How Do You Get Genital Warts On Your Butt?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.