Rash as a die-off effect

I started on meds (sustiva +combivir)with a high viral load (910,000)and developed a severe rash. I then started on Epivir, sustiva and Zerit. My first viral load test was a surprising <400 but since then (3 months later)it hovers around 1000. Is it possible that the great response came from the Sustiva/Combivir combination and that the rash was an effect from the rapid die-off rather than an alergic reaction? Thanks for your help.

I suspect that the rash was the typical allergic reaction that occurs occasionally with efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin).

The point that you raise is interesting, and has some precedent in the treatment of other infections (when symptoms may worsen immediately after treatment starts)-- like syphillis or Pneumocystis.

The real issue for you is explaining why your virl load hovers at the 1000 copy level. It would be important to know if you've had occasional missed doses of medications or if there is a degree of drug resistance (a susceptibility test would be very helpful here). BY

Both parent are hiv+ child is not how true is this?
STI time ??