oxygen therapy??

I've been poz now for over 10 years, very healthy with 965t cell last test and under 100 v-load...considering a drug holiday with a study that my doc is doing...but before I do that I was wondering if you have heard about oxygen therapy for hiv treatment...its been popping up here and there while I research and read its working on other illnesses? Any news on this? please let me know, always looking for something new. And if you know of any one doing it in the Phila area. Thanks

Response from Dr. Cohen

Well, I don't know what is going on with oxygen therapy in Philly - you might call the excellent research groups in that area - at either Phila FIGHT, or at the hospital at the U of P.

Nor have I heard much about credible research into oxygen in HIV overall. While oxygen is a good thing, more of a good thing can sometimes do harm. Breathing in 100% oxygen can actually do damage over time since we are not built for this. And we have over the years seen experimentation with oxygen or even ozone (which is a form of oxygen) bubbled into the body in various creative ways - but so far, no credible data that anyone has presented to support that this helps.

CC

Cal Cohen, M.D., M.S.

SOLUTION FOR BLOATING OR POTENTIAL BIGGER PROBLEM ?
when to start treatment